With the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom duplication glitch, you could multiply items within seconds, but Nintendo wasn't so fond of it.
Just a few days after Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom was released, players had already found the first glitches. Two of them were duplication glitches, which gave us the power to multiply any item in the game. They were super powerful, didn't require a lot of effort, but as expected... Nintendo didn't like them and patched them out. Jokes on them because we found new ones!
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Update Version 1.1.2 | Duplication Glitch Removed
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Duplication Glitch Removed
Barely a week since the release patch 1.1.1, and Nintendo already rolled out another update to address the infamous duplication glitches.
You will find a detailed description of how players can execute them in Tears of the Kingdom as long as they are playing with version 1.1 below, but keep in mind that both of the glitches have now been removed from the most recent version of the game.
Understandable that Nintendo doesn't want this game-breaking bug in there... but they could have at least waited until I stacked up my diamond stash. Well, I guess I'm gonna do it the traditional way now... or just use the newest glitch!
Where To Find Diamonds In Zelda Tears of the Kingdom | Locations & Tips
Official Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Website Confirms DLC
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Duplication Glitch - Memory Method
So for this glitch you don't need any well-timed button presses, but it is a bit tiring as it takes awhile to amass a fortune with.
- Save your game
- Fuse your chosen item to a weapon
- Hold "R" for throwing, but don't let go
- Press "-" to open the map
- Go to the memories and start one of them, doesn't matter which
- Press "X" then "+" to skip the memory
- Do this with 3 more memories
- Press "+" and load your save file
If you followed the steps correctly, you can find the weapon you held thrown a few feet away. This is the duplicated weapon, as the original is still in your inventory. Now you can simply go to the Goron Pelison and reverse the fusion of the material for the small price of 20 rupees. This still gives you a +480 rupees per diamond.
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Duplication Glitch – Bow Method (unavailable from Patch 1.1.2 onwards)
Follow these simple steps to perform the duplication glitch in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
- Equip a bow
- Press "up" on the D-Pad and find the item, you want to duplicate
- Fuse the item to your arrow
- Go to the bow-menu in your inventory and select "drop" on your equipped bow
- Equip another bow without exiting the menu
- Press the "+" button twice (but super fast) so that you close the menu but directly open it again
- Now drop the second bow
If you press the "A" key fast enough,you can then pick the bows up off the ground and your fused item should be duplicated. It may take a few tries before the glitch works, but it's really easy to do, all it takes is a little practice.
With this new amiibo figure of Link, you'll be able to unlock some really nice items and a new paraglider design. Check it out on Amazon!
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Duplication Glitch – Shield Method (unavailable from Patch 1.1.2 onwards)
For this method you need to be on the newest version of the game. Now you only need to follow these steps:
- Put the item you want to duplicate on the last inventory space
- Hold your shield, jump, and press "A" to jump on top of your shield
- Quickly press "+" to enter the material menu
- Hold one single item and up to 4 examples of the item you want to duplicate
- Exit the menu with "+"
- Find your duplicated items on the ground before you
There are a few things to be careful of. Make sure your item is really on the last spot. If you do this glitch without that being the case, it will decrease the item after it. Also, the first item has to be a single item, otherwise it doesn't work.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.