With all of Riot going on break over the holidays it's time the Summoner's Rift team to make a few more adjustments so that players can enjoy the 2023 preseason during their own vacation. So let's go over all the buffs and nerfs announced in the LoL 12.23b Patch.
League of Legends Patch 12.23 is going to be around for a while, probably the longest patch of the year, hence why the balance team is going to add in a b-patch halfway through so everyone at Riot can enjoy their Christmas holidays.
LoL 12.23b Patch is filled with a multitude of nerfs, especially for champions that have dominated the meta for far too long. Some systems are also getting adjusted for the new year as well so we can hop right into the LoL ranked season come January 10, 2022.
LoL 12.23b Patch: All Champion Buffs and Nerfs
LoL 12.23b Patch Champion Nerfs
The list for the nerfs is pretty long with multiple champions. Zed will finally get nerfed. This champion sits at the top of the mid lane tier list with one of the highest ban rates. That just goes to show how egregious this champion was to play against.
This is the complete list of champions getting nerfed in the LoL 12.23b Patch:
Changes in LoL Patch 12.23b
|Zed||Razor Shuriken (Q)|
Shadow Slash (E)
|Rammus||Defensive Ball Curl (W)|
|Nilah||Formless Blade (Q)|
|Mordekaiser (Jungle)||Darkness Rise (P)|
|Lillia||Dream-Laden Bough (P)|
Blooming Blows (Q)
Howling Gale (Q)
|Dr. Mundo||Base Stats|
Goes Where He Pleases (P)
Infected Bonesaw (Q)
Blunt Force Trauma (E)
Maximum Dosage (R)
LoL 12.23b Patch Champion Buffs
Surprisingly there is only a single buff on the list and that is to none other than our main girl Lux. Yes, she will be getting buffed... maybe make the timer on her ultimate even shorter?
This is the complete list of champions getting buffed in the Lol 12.23b Patch:
|Champions||Changes in LoL Patch 12.23b|
|Lux||Lucent Singularity (E)|
Final Spark (R)
LoL 12.23b Patch Champion Adjustments
Udyr is also going to be getting another adjustment to his kit. This isn't the first time Riot is doing this ever since they've introduced his VGU earlier this year. He's either super broken or just extremely weak, so the balance team continues to fine tune him to hopefully get him up to par.
Wilding Claw (Q)
- Bonus Physical Damage: 3/4.4/5.8/7.2/8.6/10% (+6% per 100 bonus AD) of target's maximum health ⇒ 3/4/5/6/7/8% (+5% per 100 bonus AD) of target's maximum health
- Bonus Physical Damage On-Hit: 5/13/21/28/37/45 (+20% bonus AD) ⇒ 5/11/17/23/29/35 (+30% bonus AD)
- Awakened Physical Damage: 2% - 5% (+3% per 100 bonus AD) target's maximum health ⇒ 2% - 4% (+2% per 100 bonus AD) target's maximum health
Wingborne Storm (R)
- Base Damage per Tick: 10/18/26/34/42/50 ⇒ 10/20/30/40/50/60
Mana Cost of W, E and R have also been adjusted to: 45 - 28 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 40 - 23 (levels 1-18)
System Adjustments in LoL Patch 12.23b
There are quite a few system adjustments as well, especially in the jungle with Riot still making adjustments due to all the jungle changes in the 2023 preseason. One of the newest introductions to the game has been the Mosstomper, which is one of the jungle companions and it's receiving another nerf this time.
These systems are getting adjusted in the 12.23b LoL Patch:
- Shield Strength: 75-330 (levels 1-18) ⇒ 60-281 (levels 1-18)
- Jungle Companion Damage Reduction vs Epic Monsters: 30% ⇒ 20%
- Jungle Companion Gold from Bonus Treats: 35 Gold ⇒ 30 Gold
- Red Brambleback Camp Gold Adjusted: 85 Gold ⇒ 80 Gold
- Blue Sentinel Camp Gold Adjusted: 85 Gold ⇒ 80 Gold
- Gromp Camp Gold Adjusted: 75 Gold ⇒ 70 Gold
- Ancient Krug Gold Adjusted: 17 Gold ⇒ 15 Gold
- Small Murk Wolves Gold Adjusted: 15 Gold ⇒ 13 Gold
- Small Razorbeaks Gold Adjusted: 8 Gold ⇒ 7 Gold
- Medium Krug Gold Adjusted: 7 Gold ⇒ 5 Gold
|Items||Changes in LoL Patch 12.23b|
|Jak'Sho, The Protean|
|Lord Dominik’s Regards|
LoL 12.23b Patch Release Date
This patch is going to be released on December 14, 2022. Once this patch goes live we won't be seeing many more adjustments made until the new year so we hope that those Zed nerfs truly sit because that champion is a menace in the mid lane.
Once we kick off the new year, Riot will kick off Season 13 of League of Legends with a brand-new event which will feature pro players from every region.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.