For a few days now we've known the release date of You season 4. On February 10, 2022, we'll find out what's happening next in the bizarre world of Joe Goldberg. And if you've forgotten how the last season ends, we'll summarize it for you right here.
Many storylines from season 3 will be continued in season 4. Most importantly, of course, the story of Joe Goldberg, the psychopath we love.
If you don't want to rewatch season 3 again, but you want to remember all the important plot points, we've summarized everything important from season 3 for you here. Attention! Spoiler Alert for Season 3!
This Is How Season 3 Ends
Here's a brief summary of the most important events:
- At the beginning of the third season, Joe and Love move with their son to the suburb Madre Linda. They play the image of a happy young family as the story takes off.
- The first woman Joe falls for is Natalie, a neighbour. But Love quickly realizes that Joe is obsessed with Natalie, and she kills her. Then Joe and Love have to work together to dispose of the body.
- It doesn’t take long for Joe to develop a new obsession with Marienne. Marienne runs the library in Madre Linda and is Joe’s boss.
- The first victim for the cube in the cellar is found just as quickly. Gil, a neighbor, admits that he's an anti-vaxxer, and it's this choice that has caused Love and Joe's son Henry to contract chicken pox. Love beats him up and locks him in the cage. A short time later GIl kills himself in the cage and Joe and Love decide to frame him for the murder of Natalie.
- Six months pass without much incident.
- Then the relationship starts to sour again, and Love persuades Joe to open up and invites the Conrads, their eccentric neighbors, to a swinging session. But unfortunately the date escalate and Love reveals to Sherry and Cary that she murdered Natalie. Sadly, that forces Joe and Natalie to lock these two up in the cage.
what's keeping love up at night? wrong answers only pic.twitter.com/vL31KsS7yQ— YOU (@YouNetflix) November 28, 2021
- All the while Joe is trying to help Marienne in her court case to get her daughter back. He doesn't help much, but he does end up stabbing the biological father to death.
- Theo, Natalie's son, discovers CCTV evidence that makes him suspect Joe of killing Natalie. He takes this evidence to Love at the bakery, and she beats him with a fire extinguisher. But he isn't dead and Joe takes him to the hospital.
- In the big season finale, the situation is tense and during a “clarifying” dinner, it escalates completely: Love confronts Joe with his obsession for Marienne, while Joe addresses her about the mysterious death of her first husband.
- Joe has had enough of his wife and wants to get a divorce, so he can run away with Marienne and her daughter.
- Love, as expected, takes it rather badly and uses poison to paralyze Joe. Then she asks Marienne to visit her, because she wants to kill her. But this doesn't happen, because Marienne’s daughter comes in and interrupts her. To fake his own death, Joe cuts off two of his toes and burns down their shared house. That pretty much ties up all loose ends, except for Theo and his Dad, and Marienne.
- As Love prepares to kill Joe, he injects her with aconite and stages her suicide with the help of a suicide note in which Love confesses to all the murders.
gracefully exiting this year with eight toes, single and unable to change pic.twitter.com/1HuO1gJlEF— YOU (@YouNetflix) January 1, 2022
- After some time, normality returns to the tranquil suburb Madre Linda. Joe and Love’s son, Henry is adopted by a nice gay couple, Matthew and his son Theo seem to be happy again, despite their dead wife and mother, and Sherry and Cary find great success with a relationship counselor after their escape from the cube.
- Joe has landed in Paris and seems to have started a new life under a new name. However, he has still not forgotten Marienne. "I'll find you," the stalker promises as he disappears through the streets of Paris
What Do We Expect From Season 4?
As revealed in the Season 4 promo trailer, Joe is now living in London as a professor of literature under a false name, and Marienne is returning in Season 4. She knows about Joe's dark side and that he killed her husband, yet we know he still wants to find and be with her. But, knowing Joe, it won't be enough, and he'll no doubt become obsessed with one of his students as well.
Not the perfect conditions for the great love story, if you ask me. But this was never a traditional love story.
What we know so far, we have summarized for you here: YOU Season 4: Release Date, Cast, Plot & More