GTA 6 hasn't been talked about much by Rockstar Games themselves. But thanks to major leaks, we already know quite a bit about the game. Here are all gameplay details we know about GTA 6.
While the GTA 6 release is still a while away, the rumor mill has been churning tirelessly about the much-anticipated next Grand Theft Auto title. Developer Rockstar Games has been as quiet as Krasinski about this game, so we don't have any official info on it yet. But... we still know quite a lot about the title, thanks to the historic GTA 6 leaks, where after Rockstar got hacked.
Here's everything we know about the gameplay in GTA 6 by now. We will keep this article updated, as soon as we find out more.
GTA 6: Everything We Know About The Gameplay
In the leaks, we saw early, pre-alpha footage of GTA 6, showing off multiple different gameplay scenarios. In these videos, we saw a bunch of cool features that will be new in GTA 6.
Inspiration from RDR 2
It looks like several features that were unique to Rockstar's previous game, Red Dead Redemption 2, will make their way to GTA 6:
- The dialogue system from RDR 2 will also be in GTA 6. In the footage, you saw the main characters talk to NPCs, using the familiar prompts "Greet", "Threaten" & "Rob".
- Your character now carries rifles on their back, suggesting a RDR-like system, where you can only carry a limited number of weapons with you. You can also pick up and drop weapons.
- This also goes hand-in-hand with a new weapon wheel, which looks similar to Red Dead and features consumables as well as equippable weapons.
- References to riding have also been found. We haven't seen this in action yet, but it looks like you could get on a horse in GTA 6.
- NPCs can now be tied up. You obviously won't be using a lasso though, but rather a ziptie.
- References to possible RPG elements have also appeared, like hunger, leveling and animal taming.
Robberies in Vice City
In GTA 6, you will play as two characters, who seem to be called Lucia and Jason (at least in the pre-alpha footage, the names might be subject to change). They are supposed to be a Bonnie & Clyde-like pairing, who pull off one robbery after another in Vice City, GTA's fictional version of Miami. We could extract some interesting details from the footage about the robberies and the setting:
- Robberies seem to be a key part of the game. Big story heists are presumably included again, in the leaked footage we saw a small-scale robbery in a restaurant.
- Even these smaller robberies are full of details (like more realistic reactions by civilians and police) and already feel very dynamic.
- Interacting with NPCs and tying them up seems to be a big part of the robberies.
- It looks like you will be able to rob shipping containers.
If you want to know what else we know about GTA 6 outside of gameplay details, check out this video:
Rockstar's Level of Detail
As with any Rockstar game, GTA 6 will have a ridiculous level of detail. Some of that is already visible in the leaked material:
- There are tons of references to detailed interiors, like motels, metro stations, restaurants and more. In the footage, we also saw a scene in a club, as well as a fast food joint being robbed.
- Realistic clothing physics will be in the game.
- The interiors of cars are even more detailed than they were in GTA 5, also allowing players to move around inside them.
- Several videos showed of the damage modelling of cars and other vehicles, which looks to be much more detailed than in prior games.
This is all we know for now about the gameplay features of GTA 6. If you want to know more about other details of the game, like the story and characters, check out this article here.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.