Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island is coming very soon and now Sucker Punch's creative director has revealed some details on what we can expect from the Ghost of Ikishima.
First things first, in case you were unsure: Yes, Iki Island is a whole new experience with a whole new story and an entirely new map. Personally, I would've preferred them to really stick with the name Ghost of Ikishima, but that probably would've felt too much like a sequel, because make no mistake: This is 'only' a DLC expansion. In fact, you access it after Act One of Ghost of Tsushima: Once you arrive at Toyotama, you get to sail to Iki Island.
Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island – The Quick Hits
- Your choices and reputation and just the entire burden of your actions from Tsushima, will carry over and affect Iki Island
- The Iki Island story is directly linked to the Tsushima main-storyline
- If you completed the game, you can just jump back in and sail over to Iki Island
- Size-wise, the Iki Island expansion is as big as Ghost of Tsushima's Act One
- The new villain is a Mongol by the name of The Eagle
- There will be new enemies, requiring a new play style
- There will be a lot of new armor and skills
- Combat allows more self-expression than before
- Iki Island has different vegetation, foliage and colors
- Iki Island has monkeys and cats
What's interesting is that creative director Nate Fox mentions, over and over again, how the Iki Island story meaningfully impacts the Tsushima story. This is interesting for two reasons: For one, that's kind of weird if I already saved Tsushima and my story there is completed. For another, if you start over and go from Act One into Iki Island and then into Act Two from there, you will be regressing in terms of gameplay and mechanics. That's... odd, right?
#GhostOfTsushima Director's Cut comes to PS5 and PS4 on August 20!— Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut Out 8/20! (@SuckerPunchProd) July 1, 2021
Watch our trailer and visit the PlayStation Blog to learn about the new Iki Island expansion, plus PS5 features like Japanese VO lip sync, haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and more: https://t.co/x328DphXRq pic.twitter.com/qndPIIHypN
Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Story
Sucker Punch didn't reveal much, but they did give us this:
Jin gets to know [the Mongols] more intimately - as well as the people of Iki island that have their own relationship to the Mongol invasion and even the people of Tsushima Island.
I'm not gonna much assuming or guesswork here, I will leave that to you. Actually... nah, let's do this: Intimate? Do I smell a love story with a Mongol coming on? You heard it here first.
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut will arrive on August 20 and Iki Island will come with it. That's not far away. Stay thirsty, my samurai.
Folks, let’s be real here: Nobody likes ads, everybody likes raffles and we all wanna feel special. Right? Sign up for MyEarlyGame and you get just that: No ads, the content you wanna see & a chance to win free stuff. No brainer, really.