With Honkai Star Rail update 1.2 we're getting two new 5* and one new 4* character in our team and the story finally progress even further, at long last!
Developer HoYoverse called the next update for Honkai: Star Rail "Even Immortality Ends" and it's rather ominous, leading us to the climax at the Xianzhou Luofu adventure. Besides the story update, we get another look at the Stellaron Hunters Kafka and Blade and the Belobog-born-and-bred hero Luka.
Version 1.2 Update and Maintenance— Honkai: Star Rail (@honkaistarrail) July 16, 2023
Update Maintenance will begin at 2023/07/19 06:00 (UTC+8) for approximately 5 hours
Compensation: Stellar Jade x300
Eligible Recipients: Trailblazers with Trailblaze Level 4 before 2023/07/19 06:00 (UTC+8)https://t.co/sHUY4a8Lm9 pic.twitter.com/cleZ9FFVxo
Before the big update, HoYoverse announced the timely arrivals of the upcoming Banner character Blade and his Light Cone, when the update officially release and where the new companion missions, stages and rewards can be found and gathered.
Honkai Star Rail Update 1.2: Release Time
The previously planned 5h mandatory maintenance went by much faster, and the version 1.2 is officially online for everyone.
In the Event Banner-, Mission- and Stages & Rewards section, you'll find a rundown about all the latest details.
Honkai Star Rail: Story Overview And The Next Upcoming Banner
For several weeks now, the story in Xianzhou Luofu has been on hold, and with Version 1.2 we can finally witness the fate of the Astral Express Crew as well as the Alliance. After going on his own adventure and meeting some mysterious people, Dan Heng will finally reunite with the rest of the Astral Express Crew.
Together, they must overcome a number of obstacles and wander into two unknown territories within the Xianzhou Luofu. While traveling through the Alchemy Commission and the Scalegorge Waterscape you'll finally able to reach the core of the Stellarion disaster and discover hidden truths buried in this gigantic flagship.
- Don't know which characters are already confirmed or got leaked? We got you covered with this article!
For version 1.2 HoYoverse split the Banner characters yet again into two events. It really isn't an easy decision choosing between two fan favorites.
Honkai Star Rail: Banner Events
Blade – Character Event Warp
The A Lost Soul Event Warp arrived with the Version 1.2 update.
- 5-Star: Blade – Destruction: Wind
- 4-Star: Arlan – The Destruction: Lightning
- 4-Star: Shushang – The Hunt: Physical
- 4-Star: Natasha – The Abundance: Physical
While the event is live, the drop rates of the 4-Star characters is significantly boosted and the cumulative Warp count from the previous Warp Events will be carried over.
Blade – Light Cone Event Warp
The Brilliant Fixation Event Warp arrived as the A Lost Soul Event Warp with the version 1.2 update on July, 19. It contains the following Light Cones:
- The Unreachable Side – 5-Star Destruction
- A Secret Vow – 4-Star Destruction
- Shared Feeling – 4-Star Abundance
- Swordplay – 4-Star The Hunt
Just like the boosted drop rate at the character Event Warp, the Light Cone Event will have a similar boosted drop chance.
Kafka – Character Event Warp
At the moment we don't have a release date for Kafkas Event Warp. But since Blade arrived on July,19, and the Banner last around three weeks, Kafka will probably make her grand return on August 9.
- 5-Star: Kafka – The Nihility: Lightning
- 4-Star: Luka – The Nihility: Physical
- 4-Star: Sampo – The Nihility: Wind
- 4-Star: Serval – The Erudition: Lightning
Luka is going to be a brand-new 4-star character and is part of the Fireflies (and Moles) from Belobog.
Get your 30 days free trial Amazon subscription here!
Honkai Star Rail: Companion Missions
The integration of the new story and characters is great in itself, but with the update we're also getting some new companion missions with Kafka and Yukong at its center. Here is the Overview:
- Yukong – For I Have Touched the Sky – For this mission you need to go to the Palace of Astrum and witness a past that will change someones life forever
- Kafka – Letter from a Strange Woman – For this mission you'll receive a message from Kafka, claiming, she's in trouble and requires your help. Do you go rescue, or rather believe her?
Both Events are permanently available. Yukongs Event will arrive with the 1.2 version update on July 19 and Kafkas Event will be added on August 9 during Phase 2 of version 1.2. The Mission Rewards are: EXP, 100 x Stellar Jade, Traveler's Guide, Lost Crystal, Ancestral Hymn, New Phonograph Record and Credits.
Honkai Star Rail: New Relics
With version 1.2 we get two additional Relics and Ornaments with following stats:
- Two additional Relics
- Longevous Disciple – Focus on increasing HP and CRIT
- Messenger Traversing Hackerspace – Focus on SPD for themselves and other
- Two more Ornaments
- Rutilant Arena – Focus on CRIT Rate and increasing ATK and Skill DMG
- Broken Keel – Focus on Effect RES and increasing CRIT DMG for allies
Honkai Star Rail: New Events, Stages & Rewards
- Gift of Odyssey – During the event, if you check in for a total of 7 days, you can get a limited-time reward of up to 10-Star Rail Special Passes
- Three different Events (Tales of the Fantastic, Underground Treasure Hunt, Where Are You, Mystery Trotter) with Limited-Time Event Rewards
- Planar Fissure – Use immersion devices in the Simulated Universe to earn double rewards
- Realm of the Strange – Successfully challenge Caverns of Corrosion to earn double rewards
- Stagnant Shadow: Shape of Celestial – The Stagnant Shadow stage can be found at the Xianzhou Luofu Alchemy Commission after completing the "Desolate Depth of Despair" main story mission. It drops the Wind-Type Ascension Material "Ascendant Debris".
- Cavern of Corrosion: Path of Elixir Seekers – You need to complete the Adventure Mission and unlock the map Xianzhou Luofu Alchemy Commission in order to get the Cavern of Corrision stage. Clear the stage to obtain the Cavern Relics Longevous Disciple and Messenger Traversing Hackerspace
- Echo of War: Immortal Divine Seed – Phantylia the Undying will join the Echo of War after her defeat in Xianzhou Luofu Scalegorge Waterscape. After clearing the stag you will obtain the following Advanced level-up material: Traces Regret of Infinite Ochema, the Cavern Relics Musketeer of Wild Wheat and Thief of Shooting Meteor as well as Lucent Afterglow and some other smaller rewards
Besides those three new stages, there will be also a new added World in the Simulated Universe with 4* character Herta as a reward and new memories in the Forgotten Hall. The memories of Xinazhou Luofu are called "The Voyage of Navis Astriger" and after clearing the Stages you can obtain the 4* character Yukong as reward.
Honkai: Star Rail is available for PC through the Epic Games Store or the client on the official Honkai: Star Rail website, iOS and Android. The PlayStation 5 version is planned for a release in Q4 2023. A PlayStation 4 version is also planned, but we don't have any information on when it will release yet.
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.