Sony PlayStation plans to release a new pair of PS5 VR 2.0 controllers and they look like freaking sword hilts! Let's go over what they look like and what features they have!
On March 18, Sony released a blog post detailing the new PS5 VR 2.0 controllers that are coming with the new PS5 VR set up.
The controllers look next-next gen and really remind us of a Spanish rapier so fans of D&D and RPG fans should be pretty hyped to slice into some VR action soon.
PS5 VR 2.0 Controller Features:
- Adaptive triggers: Each VR controller (Left and Right) includes an adaptive trigger button that adds palpable tension when pressed, similar to what’s found in the DualSense controller.
- Haptic feedback: The new controller will have haptic feedback optimized for its form factor, making every sensation in the game world more impactful, textured and nuanced.
- Finger touch detection: The controller can detect your fingers without any pressing in the areas where you place your thumb, index, or middle fingers. This enables you to make more natural gestures with your hands during gameplay.
- Tracking: The VR controller is tracked by the new VR headset through a tracking ring across the bottom of the controller.
- Action buttons / analog sticks: The Left controller contains one analog stick, the triangle, and square buttons, a “grip” button (L1), trigger button (L2) and Create button. The Right controller contains one analog stick, the cross and circle buttons, a “grip” button (R1), trigger button (R2) and Options button. The “grip” button can be used to pick up in-game objects, as one example.
We can't wait to see what new PS5 games will be developed for the VR 2.0 tech. In the Sony PlayStation’s blog post, they go into additional details describing the numerous features these controllers have.
The VR 2.0 controllers seem to be well-balanced and will really feel like your gripping a weapon when you swing them. Sony once again proves they are the next-gen console masters! VR 2.0 is shaping up to be some next-level shi*t.
Since EarlyGame is growing, and we want to make MyEarlyGame the best possible website for you, we'd love to hear from you on our Discord. There's a designated MyEarlyGame tab where you can put in your suggestions and wishes for features and perks that you'd like to see on MyEarlyGame in the future. Drop by and let us know!