There are three total editions of Baldur's Gate 3 that fans can buy, with the Deluxe and Collector's Editions being the most expensive.
2023 is finally the year that Baldur's Gate will come out of early access and fully release to the public. The release date for the sequel in the famed RPG series is August 31, 2023. Of course, PC fans have been able to play the early access version for the past three years, but the full version will add a plethora of additional content.
The current version of Baldur's Gate 3 only comes with the base game and nothing else. However, when the full game arrives on August 31, fans will be able to purchase two additional versions, the Deluxe Edition and the Collector's Edition. If you're curious about what is in these editions and how much they cost, check out the guide below.
Baldur's Gate 3 Deluxe Edition
First off, there is the cheaper of the two editions. The Deluxe Edition, which is digital only, has been confirmed to cost $80. Being digital only, fans can only purchase it via an online store on either PC, MacOS, or PlayStation 5. This includes Steam, GOG, and the PS Store.
If you decide to purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition, you will receive the following in-game items for Baldur's Gate 3:
- Divinity Bard Song Pack
- PC or PS5 Dice Skin
- Paintings from Rivellon collection
- Adventurer's Pouch collection (supplies and potions to get you started)
- Digital soundtrack for Baldur's Gate 3 from composer Borislav Slavov
- Digital Artbook
- Digital Character Sheets that go in-depth for each character in Baldur's Gate 3
- Mask of the Shapeshifter (allows you to access the character creator anytime you wish)
- Cape of the Red Prince (cloak gear piece)
- Lute of the Merryweather Bard (playable instrument)
- Needle of the Outlaw Rogue (dagger weapon)
- Bicorne of the Sea Beast (headgear piece)
If you purchased Baldur's Gate 3 on Steam at any time during its early access period, you will receive a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition. Other players have to buy the edition separately.
Baldur's Gate 3 Collector's Edition
Finally, we have the Collector's Edition, which costs a whopping $270 and is only available as a physical pre-order. If you want to buy the Collector's Edition, you will receive all the items that come with the Digital Deluxe Edition in addition to the following content:
- Digital copy of Baldur's Gate 3
- 160-page Hardcover Art Book
- Cloth Map of Faerûn
- Battle Diorama of Mind Flayer vs. Drow (25cm, and guess who the Drow is? Drizzt of course)
- Baldur's Gate 3 sticker sheet (32 stickers)
- Tadpole Keyring
- Magic: The Gathering Battle of Baldur's Gate Booster Pack
- Oversized Engraved Metal D20
- Official Certificate of Authenticity
- Collector's Edition Box
It will be up to each player to decide whether all the real-life content in the Collector's Edition is worth the extra $200 over the Deluxe Edition. Players have a few months to decide before Baldur's Gate 3 launches on August 31.