It's 2023 and Clash is once again happening in League of Legends. Let's go over everything you need to know about Clash in LoL Season 13.
LoL Clash in 2023 has been delayed to a malicious cyberattack right at the beginning of League of Legends Season 13. But after some time, Riot has finally revealed new information on the upcoming tournaments and when they will take place.
Since the 2023 League of Legends ranked season is going to be split into two parts, we will also only be getting information on the first half of 2023 for Clash. More dates for further Clash tournaments will be added later.
LoL Clash: When Is The Next Tournament?
The next Clash tournament is going to be the Bilgewater Clash.
The tournament will take place on March 11 and 12, as well as, March 25 and 26. Lock-in for teams for weekend number 1 will be March 6, and for weekend 2 will be March 20.
When Are All the LoL Clash Dates in 2023?
|Bilgewater Cup||Week 1||March 6||March 11-12|
|Week 2||March 20||March 25-26|
|Mt. Targon Cup||Week 1||April 3||April 8-9|
|Week 2||April 17||April 22-23|
|To Be Announced||Week 1||May 1||May 6-7|
|Week 2||May 8||May 13-14|
|Bandle City Cup||Week 1||May 29||June 3-4|
|Week 2||June 12||June 17-18|
What is LoL Clash?
Clash is a competitive tournament in which 8 teams compete against each other in 3 rounds on Summoner's Rift. The teams consist of 5 players, who compete against other teams with players in their Elo. The tournament groups are divided into tiers 1-4 to avoid unfair encounters.
Need to hear your Clash teammates? Get the right headset so you can be at your best during the tournament.
To participate in Clash, you must:
- Be level 30.
- Have completed all placement matches in Ranked for Summoners' Rift.
- Your "League" account must have been verified by SMS (this new function only applies to Clash).
- Buy a clash ticket: standard ticket 975 BE or 195 RP, premium ticket 975 RP.
As soon as you have done all of this, you can set up your ownClash team, or be invited to a Clash team. Based on the average rating, the teams are then assigned to a class, with class 1 being the highest and class 4 being the lowest.
How Long is a Clash Tournament?
A clash tournament always has at least 3 games. Regardless of whether you win or lose the first game, you will always be redirected to a lower or higher bracket. The only difference is the rewards, which are better in the "Winner Bracket" than in the "Losers Bracket".
What Are the Clash Prizes?
Basic Ticket Orb
- 8th Place 3 Win XP Boost, 1 Logo
- 7th Place Mystery Icon, 1 Logo
- 6th Place Mystery Icon, 1 Logo
- 5th Place 640 Ward Skin, Mystery Icon, 1 Logo
- 4th Place 640 Ward Skin, Mystery Icon, Mystery Emote, 1 Logo
- 3rd Place 640 Ward Skin, Mystery Icon, Mystery Emote,1 Basic Ticket, 1 Logo
- 2nd Place 640 Ward Skin, Mystery Icon, Mystery Emote, 975 Skin Shard,1 Basic Ticket, 1 Logo
- 1st Place 640 Ward Skin, Mystery Emote, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1 Chibi Icon, 1 Basic Ticket, 1 Logo
Premium Ticket Capsule
- 8th Place 1 Basic Ticket, 500 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 7th Place 1 Basic Ticket, 500 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 6th Place 1 Basic Ticket, 500 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 5th Place 1 Basic Ticket, 500 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 4th Place 1 Basic Ticket, 750 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 3rd Place 1 Basic Ticket, 750 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1820 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 2nd Place 1 Basic Ticket, 750 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1820 Skin Shard, 1 Logo
- 1st Place 1 Basic Ticket, 750 OE, 750 Skin Shard, 975 Skin Shard, 1350 Skin Shard, 1820 Skin Shard,1 Chibi Icon, 1 Gemstone, 1350 Skin, 1 Logo
What is Sudden Death in Clash?
Most players might not know this, but Clash actually has a sudden death mechanic. This was implemented to stop games from going too long. So if your clash game takes over 60 minutes, towers will become easier to destroy, while at 65, minutes they even damage themselves. What exactly does this mean for your Clash game, though? Well, it means, that by the 70th minute, the game is over because once the towers have damaged themselves, this mechanic moves onto the Inhibitors and finally, the Nexus.
Just watch as this happened to reddit user u/heids_25 in their clash game. Feelsbadman. This begs the question: Do we need this sudden death rule in League of Legends Clash?
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.