Riot Phreak just released some major buffs for marksmen. For LoL Patch 13.3, he's now set his eyes on their partners in the bot lane and will be making some major changes to supports. What other buffs and nerfs can we expect though?
After a short delay LoL Patch 13.3 is finally releasing, which after the awful start to LoL Season 13, followed up by a cyberattack and a ransom demand, feels like a breath of fresh air.
In this patch, some changes that were supposed to ship in LoL Patch 13.2 will be released, as well as some other brand-new balance changes meant to improve the state of the bot lane. So let's go over the details of all the changes in League of Legends Patch 13.3.
Ahri ASU To Be Released in LoL Patch 13.3
Ahri's ASU was supposed to release back in 2022, but had to be pushed back and was going to be released in Patch 13.2. Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned cyberattack, this did not happen, but she will finally go live in LoL Patch 13.3.
Aurelion Sol CGU Release
The Aurelion Sol CGU will go live in LoL Patch 13.3. Aurelion Sol is on the live servers and he is tearing up the meta, having even needed a quick hotfix due to his immense power.
Champion Hotfixes Right After Patch Release
Annie and AUrelion Sol took off this patch, which led themt o quickly getting hotfixed.
|Champion||Hotfixes in LoL Patch 13.3|
|Aurelion Sol||Base Stats|
Q - Starsurge
E - Comet of Legend
R - Voice of Light
LoL Patch 13.3 Patch Notes: Buffs and Nerfs
Melee Support Changes
Riot Phreak outlined some changes on his YouTube channel that he's working on for LoL Patch 13.3. He wants to improve the quality of melee supports who have been struggling in recent times.
|Alistar||Triumphant Roar (P)|
Concussive Blows (P)
Winter's Bite (Q)
Stand Behind Me (W)
|Nautilus||Staggering Blow (P)|
Titan's Wrath (W)
|Phantom Undertow (E)|
|Rakan||Gleaming Quill (Q)|
Grand Entrance (W)
|Thresh||Death Sentence (Q)|
Dark Passage (W)
Radiant Virtue Updates in LoL Patch 13.3
Radiant Virtue, the go-to item for tank supports since it was added to the game in LoL Patch 12.22 will also be receiving some changes in this patch.
- Total Cost: 3000 ⇒ 3200
- Passive - Guiding Light Cooldown:60 seconds ⇒ 90 seconds
- Passive - Guiding Light Cooldown Maximum Health Gained: 10% ⇒ 15%
- Total Healing: 8-16% maximum health over 9 seconds (note: includes healing amp passive) ⇒ 12% maximum health over 9 seconds
- [REMOVED] Ability Haste: You and all allies within 1200 units gain 20 Ability Haste ⇒ REMOVED
Phreak added on Twitter that with 'healing amplification' they will remove the increase based on missing health. The item will still have the healing aura around it when built.
Annie Changes in LoL Patch 13.3
Annie was going to get some buffs in the previous patch. Unfortunately, they were pushed back because of the cyberattack, which means we are going to get them in this patch instead. So let's go over all the planned changes to Annie's kit to improve her mid lane prowess.
|Annie's Abilities||Changes in LoL Patch 13.3|
|Molten Shield (E)|
|Summon Tibbers (R)|
LoL Patch 13.3 Champion Buffs
Other than the above-mentioned melee tanks, a couple more champions will get buffed. Riot has been working on a slight rework for Kayle to make her more impactful, but with that being a ways away, it seems like we are going to be getting a slight buff for this late game monster.
These are the champions Riot will buff in LoL Patch 13.3:
- [P] Divine Ascent
- Exalted Bonus Move Speed: 8% ⇒ 10%
- [E] Starfire Spellblade buffs:
- Passive On-hit Damage: 15/20/25/30/35 (+10% bonus AD) (+20% AP) ⇒ 15/20/25/30/35 (+10% bonus AD) (+25% AP)
- [Q] Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike
- Sonic Wave Physical Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 55/80/105/130/155 (+110% bonus AD)
- Resonating Strike Minimum Physical Damage: 55/80/105/130/155 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 55/80/105/130/155 (+110% bonus AD) (Note: Maximum damage is still double the value of the minimum damage)
- [E] Tempest/Cripple
- Total Damage: 100/130/160/190/220 (+100% bonus AD) ⇒ 35/65/95/125/155 (+100% bonus AD)
- Slow: 20/30/40/50/60% ⇒ 20/35/50/65/80%
- [P-SA] The Darkin Scythe
- Shadow Assassin Bonus: 13-40% (based on level) of post-mitigation damage to champions is repeated as magic damage for the first 3 seconds of damaging champions ⇒ 15-45% (based on level) of post-mitigation damage to champions is repeated as magic damage for the first 3 seconds of damaging champions
- [Q] Reaping Slash
- Physical Damage: 75/95/115/135/155 (+65% bonus AD) ⇒ 75/95/115/135/155 (+80% bonus AD) (Note: This will not affect Rhaast’s damage, as he has separate Q values)
- Base Stats
- Base Armor: 34 ⇒ 36
- [W] Golden Aegis
- Cooldown: 9 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds
- Shield Strength: 60/80/100/120/140 ⇒ 60/80/100/120/140 (+80% bonus AD)
- Shield Duration: 5 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
- Dance now scales with move speed
- [W] Frozen Domain
- Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds ⇒ 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
- Base Stats
- Mana Regeneration: 6 ⇒ 8
- Mana Regeneration Growth: 0.8 ⇒ 1
- [Q] Sigil of Malice
- Mana Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 ⇒ 50 at all ranks
- [R] Mimic
- Cooldown: 60/45/30 seconds ⇒ 50/40/30 seconds
LoL Patch 13.3 Champion Nerfs
A few champions have been a little too good in recent times. Especially Zac who is a beast in multiple lanes and positions. So, Riot is pulling out the nerf hammer for these guys in this patch.
- [Q] Bandage Toss
- Mana Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 ⇒ 45/50/55/60/65
- [E] Tantrum
- Damage: 80/110/140/170/200 (+50% AP) ⇒ 65/100/135/170/205 (+50% AP)
- [E] Force Pulse
- Base Damage: 80/105/130/155/180 (+85% AP) ⇒ 60/90/120/150/180 (+85% AP)
- Cooldown from Nearby Casts:1 second ⇒ 0.75 seconds
- [R] Riftwalk
- Magic Damage: 80/100/120 (+40% AP) (+2% maximum mana) ⇒ 70/90/110 (+40% AP) (+2% maximum mana)
- Bonus Damage per Stack: 40/50/60 (+10% AP) (+1% maximum mana) ⇒ 35/45/55 (+10% AP) (+1% maximum mana)
- [W] Unstable Matter
- Magic Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+4/5/6/7/8% (+4% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health ⇒ 35/50/65/80/95 (+4/5/6/7/8% (+3% per 100 AP) of target's maximum health
- [E] Elastic Slingshot
- Magic Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+90% AP) ⇒ 60/105/150/195/240 (+80% AP)
- Base Stats
- Health Growth: 108 ⇒ 114
- [Q] Ntofo Strikes
- Q3 Knock Up Duration: 1 second ⇒ 0.65 seconds
- Q3 Stun Duration: 1-1.25 seconds ⇒ 1 second
- [W] Path Maker
- Minimum Stun Duration: 0.35/0.45/0.55/0.65/0.75 seconds ⇒ 0.3/0.35/0.4/0.45/0.5 seconds
- [R] All Out
- Resistances Lost: 65% Bonus Resistances ⇒ 85% Bonus Resistances
System Updates According to LoL Patch 13.3 Patch Notes
Overheal was scheduled to be adjusted in LoL Patch 13.2, this will happen in this patch instead. Riot will also look more into tenacity, as well as an update to Umbral Glaive.
- Shield Value: 10 +9% maximum health ⇒ 20-300 based on champion level (Note: This is a buff from level 5 onwards)
- Cooldown: 40 seconds ⇒ 50 seconds
- [UPDATED] Ranged Champion Reduced Damage to Wards: When a ranged champion using Umbral Glaive attacks a ward they will deal 2 true damage to it (Note: Melee champions will still deal 3 damage to wards using Umbral Glaive)
- [REMOVED] Trap Interactions: Umbral Glaive will no longer instantly kill traps, but it will still reveal them
- Most sources of tenacity will now stack multiplicatively together, resulting in a general nerf to Tenacity stacking
Riot will create groups for items with Tenacity and those within the same group will stack multiplactively, while those not in the same groups will stack additively.
- Mercury Treads
- Anathema's Chains
- Elixir of Iron
- Iceborn Gauntlet
- Legend: Tenacity
- Mosstomper Effect
- Chemtech Dragon Buff
- Silvermere Dawn Active
- Modes Buffs for URF/Ultimate Spellbook
- Brittle (Orrn W)
- Courage (Garen W)
Jungle Ganking Early Nerfed in LoL Patch 13.3
Early jungle ganking has also been nerfed in this patch. Riot will make players choose between ganks and their jungle clear. Riot has shown multiple areas they want to nerf for early jungle ganks:
- Gold per Treat: 30 ⇒ 20
- Experience per Jungle Camp with a Companion: Experience for clearing a jungle camp has been increased by 5 experience per camp
- Stealth Ward Trinket Cooldown: 240-120 (based on average champion level) ⇒ 210-120 (based on average champion level)
- Turret Damage: 192-344 (0-14 minutes) ⇒ 182-35- (0-14 minutes)
- [REMOVED] Smite Fights are for Champions: Jungle companions can no longer deal lethal damage to epic monsters,
Now junglers have to decide whether they'll go in for a dive and possibly die, or continue to farm the jungle to gain more EXP and then have a better chance at a gank later on. Will these changes really benefit bot laners? Team Heretics jungler Jankos had his own idea on how to nerf early ganking jungle:
[Sources]— Marcin Jankowski (@JankosLoL) January 31, 2023
From one leak I saw to remove early ganks they plan to have all jungle camps follow the jungler around until minute 6 forcing him to low HP but defending him from invades. Another leak claim they are adding braincells to botlaners but idk could be fake
Whether giving bot lane more braincells will come in the future is yet to be seen though.
Riot Making Changes to Early Surrender Votes
Riot had also planned some major changes to early surrender for LoL Patch 13.2. These changes were not shipped though, due to the cyberattack, which is why Riot will ship them in this patch. Early surrender, until now, always had to be 5/0 unanimous. This will change in normal games where a 4/1 vote will be enough to surrender games.
Riot is going to monitor champions win and play rates in normal games before they add this to ranked solo and flex queue.
LoL Patch 13.3 Release Date Delayed
Unfortunately, due to the recent cybeattacks, LoL Patch 13.3 will be delayed by a day. Lilu “Riru” Cabreros wrote in the patch notes that they are "working to bounce back from the Social Engineering attack, but unfortunately Patch 13.3 will be delayed". Thankfully the delay is only by a day and the patch should come out on all servers Thursday, February 9. Those playing on the SEA server will receive the patch on February 10.
Now that we have some more changes we're just wondering what the next Support champion is going to be like and when they're finally making their way onto Summoner's Rift. Maybe in LoL Patch 13.4?
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.