Battlefield 2042 has a lot of depth and diversity in its gameplay, but there's always going to be one question that, when you get down to it, is first on every gamer's mind: what's the best weapon? What weapon should you put the time into leveling? Don't worry, we're the same. And that's why we've broken down the best weapons in the game in our complete guide to the BF2042 meta. But in this article, we're going to go on a deep dive, and rank every submachine gun in Battlefield 2042. Enjoy!
What Are The Best SMGs In Battlefield 2042?
In a game like Call of Duty, with very small maps, and the option to carry two primary weapons the MP9 might serve a purpose, but in a Battlefield context, it doesn't. It's just too weak and too short-ranged to justify, it's as simple as that. Sure, it's mobile, but so is every weapon on this list. Sorry MP9 lovers, but it really is that simple – this weapon has no place in Battlefield 2042.
- The Best Assault Rifles In Battlefield 2042
- The Best Snipers In Battlefield 2042
- The Best Marksman Rifles In Battlefield 2042
The PBX is easy to use and a good starter SMG, but it's basically just a PP-29 with worse ammo capacity. So while it doesn't deserve to be any lower than third place (obviously it beats the MP9) we can't place it any higher on the list either. In all honesty, if you're just starting out in the game, and you want to get up close and personal with the enemy, we would advise you to take the starting AR (M5A3) and come back to the SMGs when you have the next two on this list unlocked.
The K30 has one of the best TTKs in Battlefield when you're within 25 m of your target. In fact, it's probably the only weapon in the game that truly feels like a “shredder”. And we absolutely love it for that. Sure, it's useless beyond a certain range, but if you're taking an SMG we can presume you're pushing objectives, and for that task, there's simply nothing better than the K30.
1. PP-29The starting 53 round magazine is an absolute god-send in a game like Battlefield, and it transforms the PP-29 from a broken SMG to one that can dominate even in mid-range firefights. Just having that constant firepower to lay down is so useful in a game like Battlefield with its fairly punishing flinch mechanics and destructible environments. This one was obvious, though, right? Everyone's still using it post-nerf.
- The Best LMGs In Battlefield 2042
- The Best Utility Weapons In Battlefield 2042
- The Best Sidearms In Battlefield 2042
Battlefield 2042 SMG Stats Comparison
That's it for our roundup of the best SMGs in Battlefield 2042. We're pretty sure that balance will improve, but as we said at the start, picking the right weapons is crucial to success right now. There are some real duds and there are some broken beauties. Hopefully, we've helped you pick the latter. Good luck out there!