It's time for the first Fortnite Champion Series (FNCS) Chapter 3, Season 2! This time, the FNCS will be played in duos, and once again, the best players in the world will compete against each other to prove their skills and get a piece of the fat $3 Million USD prize pool. We're here to tell you everything you need to know about the prize distribution, the format, the point's distribution, and more.
FNCS Chapter 3, Season 2 Conditions of Participation & Registration
First, let's take a look at who's even eligible to participate:
- You must be 13 years or older.
- You must have two-factor authentication enabled.
- You must agree to and abide by the Fortnite End User License Agreement (the "Fortnite EULA").
- Your player name must not contradict the Code of Conduct.
- Your Epic Games account level must be at least 100.
- Your Fortnite account must be placed in at least the Champion League (Division I, II, or III) of Arena Mode in your respective server region.
If you and your teammate meet all of the requirements listed above, you can sign up for the FNCS Qualifiers in your region under the Fortnite "Competition" Tab and join the player search at the start of the Tournament.
FNCS Chapter 3, Season 2 Schedule
The FNCS will begin in early May with the first round of qualifiers and end in late May with the Finals. You can find out how many teams will advance to each qualifying round in the official FNCS Chapter 3, Season 2 rules.
The exact schedule is as follows:
- Qualifiers: May 2-6, May 7-8, May 13-15
- Semifinals: May 20-22
- Finals: May 28-29
This is a brief summary of how you can advance to the finals on each day:
- Competition Stage 1: 5 Matches, 2.5 Hours, Teams 1-50 on the Series Points Leaderboard.
- Competition Stage 2: 6 Matches, 3 Hours, Teams 1-61 on the Series Points Leaderboard.
- Competition Stage 3: 6 Matches, 3 Hours, Teams 1-73 on the Series Points Leaderboard.
How to Become an FNCS Champion
There are two ways to be declared champion:
- Scoring a Match Ball: With a match ball, a team can end the tournament early by scoring 475 points and 3 epic wins. Once a team's players meet these two requirements, they will be crowned FNCS champions! It is very difficult to achieve the match point, so it is only feasible for teams with an absolutely dominant performance.
- Have the Most Points After 12 Matches: If no team has scored a match point by the 12th match, the players of the team with the most points in total at the end of the 12th match will be crowned FNCS champions!
FNCS Chapter 3, Season 2 Prize Pool
Let's get to the most exciting part, the prize pool! Yep, again this season, there's a bunch of cash to be won. Just like last season, the prize pool is $3,008,500 USD this year. The prizes in the finals will be divided equally among each team based on their placement.
- EU: $1,362,500 USD
- NAE: $637,500 USD
- Brazil: $418.000 USD
- NAW: $239,500 USD
- Asia: $145,000 USD
- Middle East: $114.000 USD
- Oceania: $92,000 USD
We have now summarized the most important details in regard to the Fortnite Champion Series for Chapter 3, Season 2.
You can read through everything else, like the point distribution, in Fortnite's official competition section as soon as it's available. For everything else related to the FNCS and other tournaments, we will of course always keep you updated in our Fortnite section.
This article was originally written by Alisa Eiber.