Hogwarts Legacy features a variety of collectible items, some of which can be obtained from large, legendary chests located throughout the game world. We will help you find them!
The gear pieces that you receive from these chests are based on your character's level, so it's best to wait until you're at a higher level to open them to ensure that you get the most out of your loot. Since the rewards are randomized, there's no guarantee that you'll get the gear piece that you need. If you don't get what you want, just reload the manual save and try again. This technique, known as the save-reload trick, can increase your chances of obtaining the desired item.
Keep in mind that some legendary chests require you to unlock their location with the Alohomora spell and upgrade it by collecting Demiguise Statues scattered throughout the game world.
Hogwarts Legacy Legendary Chests Locations
Here are the Legendary Chest locations we've found so far:
- To reach the chest in the Bell Tower, take the staircase to the right of the Floo Flame and climb up until you reach a balcony at the top. Note that flying from outside won't work, so you need to follow the stairs. Along the way, you'll see several bells, which are part of a different puzzle.
- At Hogwarts North Exit, head to the Greenhouses and look for an Astronomy Table and a door covered in vines. Use Incendio to burn the vines and enter. Inside, you'll encounter Devil's Snare, so use Incendio or Confringo to clear the way. At the end of the hall, you'll face a Venomous Tentacula. To the right, a ladder leads to a separate room in the Greenhouses where you can find the chest.
- Viaduct Courtyard – Solve the Bridge/Viaduct Puzzle by lighting the braziers and rotating their dials to match the symbols shown on the ground plate.
- Astronomy Wing Legendary Chests – In the Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) Classroom, go to the back of the classroom and follow the staircase leading down to find the chest inside a detention cell.
- South Wing Legendary Chests – To solve the Clock Tower Puzzle, use Arresto Momento to freeze the clock hand as it moves near a symbol. Freezing it on the second symbol reveals an Eye Chest on the second floor, while freezing it on the fourth symbol reveals the Hogwarts Legacy legendary chest near the top of the staircase. Head to the Faculty Tower and climb the staircase to find a chest behind a door with a level 3 lock.
- Secret Rooms Legendary Chests – Access the Hogwarts cellar through the Map Chamber Floo Flame and use Alohomora (Level 1) to open the metal gate. Interact with the frog statues to reach a small room with a chest.
- Grand Staircase Legendary Chests – From the Floo Flame, climb up the staircase and find a chest in the Trophy Room (Corridor) to your left. Complete the main quest Niamh Fitzgerald's Trial to access the Headmaster's Bedroom and open a door with a level 3 lock to find another chest. Obtain the Key of Admittance from the door with a level 1 lock and use it to open the ornate door with multiple locks to find a third chest.
- Hogsmeade Legendary Chests – Find a chest with a level 2 lock in a room next to the main entrance to Honeydukes. Check the house with a level 3 lock to the right of the South Hogsmeade fast travel point for another chest. Finally, look for a legendary chest behind the shop called Flutes and Lutes next to the house.
- In a room next to the Great hall at the back on the right side you can find a legendary chest.
This is still a work in progress, but we'll be updating the article regularly.