Aurelion Sol looks incredibly strong right now, at least from what players have been able to make of the videos that have been posted. Will his Comprehensive Gameplay Update (CGU) be pushed back due to the recent cyberattacks though?
Riot recently suffered from a major cyberattack which has halted much of the content making it onto the PBE server for testing, as well as porting things from PBE to live servers. That's why, even though the new PBE for Patch 13.3 should have gone live on January 24, 2023, players still haven't had a chance to test out the new Aurelion Sol.
The CGU for the big dragon in the mid lane is supposed to release in Patch 13.3, and while the dev team is asking for opinions, players haven't been able to actually play him just yet. At least we have videos and visuals.
Aurelion Sol CGU: New Abilities Revealed in Videos
Riot King Cobra, who was one of the producers on the Aurelion Sol CGU, posted a feedback thread on Reddit, asking for some initial feedback on Aurelion Sol and his new kit. While players can't play it just yet, he did give the tooltips, as well as video footage of the champions and skins with the new abilities.
Aurelion Sol New Kit
Aurelion Sol will receive a brand-new kit with this CGU, with his orbiting stars also getting removed completely. But the new kit fits into the current state of League much better than before so let's go over all the stats that have been revealed on Reddit by the team working on Aurelion Sol.
- HP: 620 HP per Level: 105 Base HP Regen: 1.1 HP Regen per Level: 0.11
- Mana: 530 Mana per Level: 40 Base Mana Regen: 1.6 Mana Regen per Level: 0.15
- Damage: 55 Damage per Level: 3.2 Attack Range: 550 Base Attack Speed: 0.625 Attack Speed Ratio: 0.625
- Attack Speed per Level: 1.5
- Armor: 22 Armor per Level: 4.8 Base MR: 30 MR per Level: 1.3
- Move Speed: 335
Passive – Cosmic Creator
- Aurelion Sol’s damaging Abilities break down enemies into Stardust, which improves his Abilities.
- Breath of Light: Bursts deal an additional (0.031% Stardust Stacks)% max Health magic damage
- Astral Flight: (%) increased distance
- Singularity: (%) increased area and (2.6% Stardust Stacks) bonus execute threshold.
- Falling Star and The Skies Descend: (%) increased area
Q – Breath of Light
- Aurelion Sol breathes starfire for up to 3.5/3.5/3.5/3.5/9999 seconds, dealing (15/25/35/45/55 + 30-90 (scaling with level) + 60% AP) magic damage per second to the first enemy hit and 50% of the damage to surrounding enemies
- Each full second of breath on the same enemy deals a burst of (40/50/60/70/80 + 20-40 (scaling with level) + 50% AP) magic damage plus (0.031% Stardust Stack)% max Health Magic Damage and absorbs 1 Stardust if they are a champion. —-- This Ability’s range is 750 - 920 (scaling with level). Percent damage deals a max of 300 magic damage against jungle monsters.
- Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 Mana per second
- Cooldown: 3 seconds
W – Astral Flight
- Aurelion Sol flies in a direction. While flying, Breath of Light has no Cooldown, no max channel duration, and its flat damage is increased by 14%/15.5%/17%/18.5%/20%.
- Takedowns on champions within 3 seconds of damaging them refunds 90% of this Ability’s Cooldown. —-- Casting Breath of Light while flying reduces flight speed by 50%. Flight speed is 335 + 100% Movement Speed.
- Mana Cost: 80/85/90/95/100 Mana
- Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16 seconds
E – Singularity
- Aurelion Sol summons a black hole, dealing (10/15/20/25/30 + 40% AP) magic damage and Dragging enemies towards the center for 5 seconds. Enemies in the center below (5 + 2.6% Stardust Stack)% max Health die instantly.
- The black hole absorbs Stardust when enemies die within it and each second an enemy champion is inside it. —-- This Ability’s range is 750 - 920 (scaling with level). Minions and jungle monsters inside have 0 Movement Speed. Absorbs 1 Stardust per second from Champions Absorbs Stardust from units that die in the black hole: Epic Monsters: 10 Stardust Champions and Large monsters: 5 Stardust Siege minions: 3 Stardust Minions and small monsters: 1 Stardust
- Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana
- Cooldown 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
R – Falling Star & The Skies Descend
- Aurelion Sol plucks a star from the heavens and crashes it into the earth, dealing (150/250/350 + 65% AP) magic damage, stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds, and absorbing 5 Stardust for each champion hit.
- Gathering 75 Stardust transforms the next Falling Star into The Skies Descend
- The Skies Descend: Aurelion Sol drags a constellation’s worth of fury down from the cosmos, dealing (187/5/312.5/437.5 81.25% AP) magic damage in a larger area, Knockin Up enemies hit for 1.25 seconds, and unleashing a massive shockwave that deals (150/250/350 + 60% AP) magic damage to champions and Epic monsters and slows all enemies hit by 75% for 1 second.
- Mana Cost: 100 Mana
- Cooldown: 120/110/100 seconds
For now players can mostly critique the visuals, as well as the sound effects of the skins and the champion, while they have to wait for his gameplay to be tested on the PBE server.
- Need to talk to your friends? Get the HyperX QuadCast S microphone!
Could Aurelion Sol Be Pushed Back To Patch 13.4?
Right now, Riot hasn't said much about the champion getting pushed back. With the Ahri ASU having to wait until 13.3, many fans are worried that Riot won't have enough time to balance Aurelion Sol and smooth out some issues with him, due to the limited PBE time.
So it could be the case that Aurelion Sol is also going to be delayed, so the team can get everything right with the champion. What effect this could have on other champion updates, or even new champions, is yet to be seen. The upcoming support champion from Ixtal should also be released soon around Patch 13.4, so will he also be pushed back?
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.