BlackCell will be added to Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 in Season 3. But what is BlackCell?
Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Season 3 begins soon, and it promises to bring a lot of exciting new content to the game. Given how badly Warzone is doing right now, a lot of you will probably find that hard to believe, but there are some real highlights coming with Season 3:
- Warzone Ranked is coming (which fans have been asking for since 2020).
- The fan-favorite mode Gunfight is returning to MW2.
- Ricochet anti-cheat has been upgraded to detect Cronus devices.
- We're getting a revamp of the map "Estate" from the OG MW2 from 2009.
- The greatest sniper rifle in Call of Duty history is being added to the game.
So don't hate us for being positive about Season 3, because they're pulling out all the stops to try and win back some approval of the fans. This feels like a make-or-break moment for the franchise (especially where Warzone is concerned) so let's hope they don't mess this up.
Without further ado, let's talk about one of the new pieces of content. BlackCell was mentioned in the promo video for Season 3 and finally also explained in the the Season 3 Roadmap.
- If you want to level all your weapons, you're going to need a copy of Modern Warfare 2 (and try Ranked mode while you're there!)
What Is BlackCell In Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2?
BlackCell is a new Battle Pass Bundle that will replace the old BP Bundle for 2,400 CP. While the normal Premium Battle Pass is still available for 1,100 CP the BlackCell version will cost $29.99. It will include everything the Battle Pass bundle did plus some exclusive new content:
- Access to the full Season 03 Battle Pass and 20 Tier Skips (25 on PlayStation®)
- 1,100 COD Points instantly awarded
- Up to 1,400 COD Points awarded throughout the Battle Pass
- A BlackCell Operator, attired in an imposing animated Camo skin
- A Pro-Tuned Weapon Blueprint, Vehicle Skin, and Finishing Move
- An exclusive BlackCell Sector within the Battle Pass AO serves as an alternative starting location
- Immediate unlocking of adjacent Battle Pass Sectors to the BlackCell Sector
- Additional, BlackCell-only Battle Pass content: Every Season 03 Battle Pass Sector with an Operator Skin has a BlackCell variant (12 Skins in total) to unlock
So basically BlackCell will be the only way to get your 20 tier skips from now on and be more expensive than the Battle Pass Bundle. Do you like the new additional content or did you prefer the normal Battle Pass bundle?
If Season 3 doesn't save CoD, then we don't see much hope until the 2023 release:
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.