The beloved Iron Trials will once again return to Warzone. This time, you'll be competing on Rebirth Island, however, and they've made a few changes to the rules. Full details beneath.
With the new Warzone playlist update, you can look forward to playing Iron Trials again. If you missed it last year, this is basically Warzone's most competitive mode. But whereas we previously played this mode on the BR-sized maps, now we'll be playing it on Rebirth Island. They've also made several changes to the Iron Trials. Here's an overview of what's in store for you in Iron Trials this week.
What Is Rebirth Iron Trials?
Iron Trials is basically the hardcore Warzone experience - looting is harder, there's no sniping, and a much higher TTK. They've effectively tried to remove all the random elements that lower the skill gap. This time round, though, the mode is only open to duos. The Gulag will also demand better play and focus than you're used to, but we'll get into all that.
Rebirth Iron Trials Rules
- Match Duration and Circle Collapse: Round Timer have been increased for the pacing of the game.
- Loadouts: No free Loadout Drops. Those who want to use their custom-built weaponry and gain access to Perks will need to purchase one at a premium.
- Vehicles: Only ATVs are available.
- Buy Stations have increased prices:
- Armor Bundle: $1,500 to $2,000
- Gas Mask: $3,000 to $4,000
- Cluster Strike: $3,000 to $4,000
- Precision Strike: $3,500 to $4,500
- Self-Revive: $4,000 to $5,000
- UAV: $4,000 to $6,000
- Loadout Drop Marker: $7,500 to $10,000
- Specialist Token: $30,000
- Cash: The amount of Cash retained on death has been increased from 20% to 30%.
- Melee: Melee Finisher Damage has been removed.
- Base Health: Compared to a normal match, all players’ base health is increased from 100 to 250.
- Health Regeneration: The Regen Delay timer has been increased from 5 to 7 seconds, and Regen Per Second has been decreased from 120 per second to 40.
- Starting Equipment: Players drop in with a Top Break Pistol and Sawtooth (both from Call of Duty®: Vanguard).
- Basic Attachments: Common weapons will start with an attachment — mostly to provide their max magazine size.
- Rarity Spawn Rates: Epic and Legendary weapons are now harder to find.
- Killstreaks: Drop rates have been reduced. Time to stop spamming UAVs and start putting those senses to the test.
- Cash Spawns: Larger piles of cash are rarer.
- Field Upgrades: No Dead Silence. No Stopping Power Rounds.
- Sniper Rifles: A single headshot from a Sniper Rifle will only down an enemy if they are within 30 meters.
- Stun Grenades: The stun effect duration is decreased by 50%.
- Medical Syringes: The regeneration rate is decreased by 50%. Upon taking non-Incendiary, direct damage from another Player (Tactical Equipment splash damage does not count), the Medical Syringe’s increased health regeneration effects will be canceled, and standard health regeneration will begin–which can be interrupted by any source of damage. Additionally, the movement speed bonus gained when using a Medical Syringe has been decreased from 8% to 3%.
There will be no akimbo, semi-auto or full-auto shotguns in the Gulag. Tactical equipment is also reduced, so stun checking is off the table. And if you survive, you will be sent back into the match with your Gulag weapons.
As you can probably, this mode is definitely not for the faint of heart, but winning a match will get you a unique animated calling card and the respect of your opponents.