We've just learned about the new vehicles and vehicle mechanics coming with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2. Infinity Ward are planning to bring us far more realistic vehicle gameplay, and a new personnel carrier. Here's everything we know so far.
New Vehicles Confirmed For Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2
There will be 2 new types of vehicles coming with the sequels to Modern Warfare and Warzone: Chinooks and amphibious ground vehicles. The Chinooks have 2 side doors and a back door, and the pilot can set this vehicle to automatically hover in a specific location while they get out of the cockpit. Unfortunately, we don't know anything about the amphibious vehicles yet, besides the fact that they exist.
Known Call of Duty leaker @r3al1tyuk has leaked some new vehicles slated to come in MW2/ Warzone 2. These are the vehicles he has leaked:
- Tank Cougar: Looks like your run-of-the-mill tank, equipped with a large cannon, and a machine gun on top. Looks like something for ground war, and not 6v6 or Warzone. Imagine tanks in Warzone... no, thank you.
- JLTV: The JLTV stand for Joint Light Tactical Vehicle, and r3al1tyuk leaked two pictures of this humvee style truck. One with a machine gun mounted on top, similar to the tank, and one with the plain truck. The base version could definitely be in Warzone, as for the one with the mounted machine gun, again I think this is reserved for ground war only.
- RHIB: This stands for: Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat. As the name suggests, it's a boat. It's relatively small, but it can hold up to 20 people, and can also be equipped with a machine gun, although the leaked image just shows us the base model of the boat. Seeing as the new Warzone Map will feature quite a bit of water, this could definitely be one of the newer things coming in Warzone 2.
Where exactly these vehicles will be playable is not known yet, but it does lean towards ground war and Warzone. The leaked boat, also makes the inclusion of the aforementioned amphibious vehicles a lot more likely, but I guess we still have to wait for any news regarding those. I wonder if Big Bertha's will be returning.
Realistic Driving Mechanics Coming To Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2
As reported by the ModernWarzone, Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 will have new vehicle mechanics thanks to the engine upgrades, and these include shooting out of tires and leaning out of windows. It sounds like they want to make vehicle play more complex and realistic. Check out all the changes we've heard about so far:
- Leaning out windows
- Climbing on Vehicle rooftops from within the vehicle
- Knocking off doors
- Shooting and blowing out tires
- Healing vehicles at gas stations
- All Vehicles can go into water. If they’re not amphibious they won’t immediately sink. They’ll float for a while before slowly sinking.
- Driving an ATV or other land vehicle into water obviously isn’t ideal, but it will function realistically to where the vehicle will continue to move until the wheels aren’t turning fast enough to move enough water for its weight.
This all sounds like a lot to deliver, and we can't guarantee that they'll be able to get these mechanics into the final version of the game bug-free. But the changes are coming.
It's difficult to tell whether these mechanics will encourage more players to use vehicles or not. We'll withhold judgement for now, but we're certainly excited to test these changes out during the MW2 beta.
That's all there is to say about this aspect of Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2. We're learning so much about the new engine for these games every day, and there are loads of new gameplay features and changes to look forward to. While you're here, why not check out one of these other exciting recent developments:
- Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Will Feature Swimming
- Modern Warfare 2 Will Use Rainbow Six-Style "Tactical" Movement
- Bots Coming To Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2