The Icon Swaps have been an extremely popular feature in FIFA for years. Icon Swaps also await us in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team. We will tell you everything you need to know about Icon Swaps, what's the deal with the tokens, and what rewards to expect.
Icon Swaps mean sweating, but at the same time, also free legends that upgrade every team. With the feature, you can play different modes and choose one (or more) of the Icons offered. But when will the Icon Swaps come in FIFA 22? Here's all you need to know!
Two Icon Swaps have already started in FUT this year – now the third round of swaps is just around the corner! Everything we know from our favorite leakers even before the release... you can find out right here!
Icon Swaps 3 Is Live! All You Need To Know About Rewards & Tokens
Shortly before the start of the Team of the Season in FIFA 22 and Warmup Series, new packs had been found in the game code which strongly pointed towards Icon Swaps. As of Monday, April 25, Icon Swaps 3 has actually gone live and brought some hefty rewards to FUT.
The most important thing that every honorable FIFA player has to know now: the Golden Goal rule. What is it? Don't worry, we'll explain it to you. Well, everyone wants to earn tokens as fast as they can and don't want to play for hours on end when they should have already won a match.
Therefore, the community has established the rule that the player who scores the first goal automatically wins the match. The opponent leaves instantly, so completing the challenges doesn't take too long. If you also have some dignity and want to help other players to get their tokens asap, then you should follow this rule as well! You will have good karma too, I promise.
Gullit, Matthäus And Carlos In Icon Swaps 3
The list of icons is really impressive this time around! Gullit is one of the strongest legends in the game, Roberto Carlos is simply a phenomenon, and Kenny Dalglish is more popular than almost any other player in FUT!
- 1 Token – 25x 82+ Rare Players Pack
- 2 Token – 25x 83+ Rare Players Pack
- 3 Token – 25x 84+ Rare Players Pack
- 5 Token – 20x 85+ Rare Players Pack
- 5 Token – PIM Edwin Van Der Sar
- 6 Token – 91+ ANG/MIT Icon Moments Pack
- 7 Token – PIM Kenny Dalglish
- 8 Token – 93+ Icon Moments Pack
- 8 Token – PIM Roberto Carlos
- 9 Token – PIM George Best
- 11 Token – 91+ Icon Moments Player Pick (1 of 3)
- 11 Token – PIM Samuel Eto'o
- 13 Token – 94+ Icon Moments Pack
- 14 Token – PIM Lothar Matthäus
- 15 Token – 93+ Icon Moments Player Pick (1 of 3)
- 16 Token – Icon Moments Player Pick (1 of 5)
- 17 Token – 93+ ANG/MIT Icon Moments Player Pick (1 of 3)
- 17 Token – PIM Ruud Gullit
If none of the icons just listed find a spot on your team (or you already have them all, duh), then you should still try to get all the tokens. You can then trade them in for some packs that are simply amazing – they will definitely increase your chance of packing a TOTS player from 0.1% to at least 0.2%.
Icon Swaps 3 – How To Get All The Tokens
To make it easier for you to collect the tokens, we have created a small overview of the tasks you need to complete for each of them. Keep in mind that only the first half of the tokens has been released as of now – as soon as the rest gets added to the game, we will of course update the following table.
All Icon Swaps 2 Rewards
Icon Swaps 2 brings you the opportunity to unlock Icons for FUT! That makes our hearts beat faster. By collecting the tokens, you can even get them without packs and probabilities and get icons directly.
That makes it very important that you know what rewards are waiting for you in Icon Swaps 2.
Henry, Xavi And Garrincha In Icon Swaps 2
The grind continues. Here we show you what you get for your tokens in Icon Swaps 2:
- 2 Tokens – 25x 81+ Player Pack
- 3 Tokens – 25x 82+ Player Pack
- 5 Tokens – 25x 83+ Player Pack
- 6 Tokens – Mid Icon Henry
- 7 Tokens – Prime Icon Xavi
- 8 Tokens – Prime Icon Pack
- 9 Tokens – Prime Icon Stoichkov
- 10 Tokens – 91+ Mid/Prime Icon Pack
- 10 Tokens – Moments Icon Gerrard
- 11 Tokens – Prime Icon Cafu
- 12 Tokens – Mid/Prime Icon Player Pick
- 13 Tokens – 92+ Prime Icon Pack
- 14 Tokens – Moments Icon Cannavaro
- 15 Tokens – Prime Icon Player Pick
- 16 Tokens – 92+ Prime/Moments Icon Pack
- 17 Tokens – Prime Icon Garrincha
Icon Swaps 2 – Hot To Get The Tokens
EA Sports released the next batch of tokens on March 21 – pretty much exactly a month after the launch of Icon Swaps 2. Check out the table below to see how you can grab each token:
Rooney, Casillas, Desailly and Del Piero as Icon Swaps 1
At first, it was said that we have to wait until 2022, but luckily, the Icon Swaps came in December already. Here's a list of Icons and packs that you can grind and collect tokens for:
- 2 tokens – 25 x 81+ Player Pack
- 3 tokens – 25 x 82+ Player Pack
- 5 tokens – 25 x 83+ Player Pack
- 6 tokens – Mid Iker Casillas
- 7 tokens – Mid Rio Ferdinand
- 8 tokens – Base or Mid ICON Pack
- 9 tokens – Prime Marc Overmars
- 10 tokens – Mid ICON Pack
- 11 tokens – Mid Marcel Desailly
- 12 tokens – Base Alessandro Del Piero
- 13 tokens – 89+ Mid ICON Pack
- 14 tokens – Base or Mid ICON Player Pick
- 14 tokens – Prime Gianluca Zambrotta
- 16 tokens – Mid or Prime ICON Pack
- 17 tokens – Base, Mid, or Prime ICON Player Pick
- 17 tokens – Mid Wayne Rooney
Casillas, Ferdinand, Overmars, Desailly, Del Piero, Zambrotta and Rooney... are not the most amazing meta cards, but what do you expect from the first round of Icon Swaps in FIFA 22. Sooo... by checking the complete list of Icons, it actually looks quite okay, doesn't it? Besides the legends, we can also expect different Packs and Player Picks.
When Will The Icon Swaps Come In Ultimate Team?
What are the Icon Swaps? With the Icon Swaps you have to do various tasks that are shown in the menu. Mostly it is about winning a certain number of games with a league team in Squad Battles or Division Rivals. If you managed to do this with a team, you will receive a swap / token (a white player card). If you have a certain number of tokens, you can buy an Icon. The Icons and their prices are then displayed at the SBCs - an Icon pack is usually also included.
Do we already have a date when the Icon Swaps will be integrated into FIFA 22? YESSS! The first batch of Icon Swaps came on December 15th.
In FIFA 21 EA also integrated the feature at the beginning of December... this year a lot of leaks expected a later release date. FIFPlay wrongly assumed that we will get Icon Swaps 1 on February 18, 2022. That would have been surprisingly late. The second icon swaps came on February 21, 2022.
Are The Icon Swaps Worth It?
Definitely. At least if they come into the game as early as possible. Here you can play different modes such as Squad Battles and Division Rivals, get cool rewards and great Icons - for free! This is exactly what is so nice about the feature of getting a certain legend / pack without having to spend coins.
The best tip we can give won't blow you away, but still: Save your tokens and get some great stuff! As simple as that.