In WoW Dragonflight, running a high key Mythic+ dungeon can get pretty painful after several failures due to an annoying affix that is terrorizing players for quite some time now. For the upcoming WoW Dragonflight 10.1 patch, Blizzard finally decided to end player's suffering and reveals necessary changes.
Anyone who has been fighting through mythic+ dungeons for quite a while now, should be pretty familiar with the current affixes. No matter if you love them or hate them, there are just some affixes that players collectively hate. Precisely for that reason, the upcoming changes in this regard causes many players to shed a tear of joy, since one of the most hated affixes is getting removed and this time hopefully for good.
Check out all the changes coming in patch 10.1: WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1: Release Date & New Raid "Embers of Neltharion"
Adding affixes was a good idea to increase the difficulty of Mythic+ content to a certain degree. But some of them just got so ridiculous, that they, instead of giving raiders an opportunity to show off their skill level, increased players tilt levels to immeasurable heights.
Yes, I am obviously talking about Explosive, an affix which was added in WoW Legion, that basically just makes half your HP bar disappear when standing too close to certain summons. If you are fast enough, you can try to kill them before exploding, but it's important to note that they are immune to AoE abilities… of course.
Looking for a cute gift for your WoW-obsessed friend? Then follow the call of the Banshee Queen and take a look at this rather innocent looking Sylvanas Windrunner Nendoroid!
WoW Dragonflight Patch 10.1: Huge Affix Changes Incoming
But all this suffering ends here, since Blizzard finally listened to their community and removed the Explosive affix completely for Season 2 and even makes other really well-thought-out changes. These include the swap of periodic affixes to key 7 instead of key 14, and affixes that trigger on death or health ranges being swapped to key 14 instead of 7. But let's take a closer look:
Periodic affixes are now added to keystones at level 7:
Affixes that trigger on death or health ranges have been moved to level 14:
In addition to that, Blizzard decided to give affixes less impact for the next patch in general. And adjusted most of them as well:
Level 7 Affixes
- Explosive will be retired for Dragonflight Season 2 and replaced by Volcanic.
- Incorporeal beings now to fade away when combat with non-Incorporeal beings has ended.
- Entangling’s snare effect has been reduced to 30% (was 50%).
- Entangling now has a visual indicating the maximum range of the vine.
- Entangling now has a distinct sound cue when applied to players.
- Afflicted Souls' health no longer scales after keystone level 20.
Level 14 Affixes
- Spiteful Shades melee damage reduced by 10%.
- Spiteful Shades health and damage no longer scale after keystone level 20.
- Raging now grants enemies immunity to crowd control effects for 20 seconds upon reaching 30% health remaining (was 50% increased damage done until defeated).
- Bolster no longer increases the health of affected enemies (was health and damage).
- Sanguine Ichor puddles now last for 12 seconds (was 20 seconds).
Most players seem to be really excited about these changes and predict a way better experience when clearing mythic+ dungeons for this patch.
Do you want to try out these cool new affixes? Hop onto the PTR server and give it a shot!: WoW PTR Access: How To Log Onto The Testing Server
Since the update is still three weeks from now, check in on our news page from time to time, we will keep you up-to-date, pinky promise!
This article contains affiliate links which are marked with [shopping symbol]. These links can provide a small commission for us under certain conditions. This never affects the products price for you.