Let's go over what we know about the PBE Server and what we can find on there that could go live in the upcoming League of Legends Patch 12.7. You won't want to miss out on it right before the beginning of MSI, right?
Three Visual Updates in Patch 12.7
Yes, you read that right, three champions will be receiving visual updates in the upcoming patch. Riot is going all-out with refreshing visuals this season with a bunch of champions already getting updates earlier this year.
Orianna Visual Update
Orianna's visual effects will be updated. This means she will have improved spell effects. What exactly is Riot changing on Orianna though? Her W was the ability Riot focused on, as well as her ultimate.
What can you expect from the Orianna visual update in League of Legends Patch 12.7? More clarity, cleaner hitboxes and a 'quality push to match Riot's current standard'.
- Base: Complete overhaul
- Gothic Orianna: Same as base
- Sewn Chaos Orianna: Same as base
- Bladecraft Orianna: Recolored from new base
- TPA Orianna: Same as base
- Heartseeker Orianna: Complete overhaul
- Victorious Orianna: Matching new base FX
- Dark Star Orianna: Complete overhaul
- Pool Party Orianna: Matching new base FX
- Orbeeanna: Matching new base FX
Shaco Visual Update
So, you know how Riot has spruced up champions like Syndra and Vel'Koz in recent times? Well the same is happening to our least favorite jungler and that is none other than Shaco! He's in desperate need of some love though, his animations and visuals pretty outdated.
Ability VFX Updates
|Passive - Backstab||All hits now have different effects based on whether they're front- or back-stabs. Also different crit effects.|
|Q - Deceive||Completely new "poof". Going for "illusion" magic. Tried to keep some of the iconic orange smoke in the composition. New hit effects.|
W - Jack in the Box
|New box placement effect, cleaned up range indicator, and added a subtle burst around the box once they're triggered, to show the range of the fear (it's bigger than the box trigger range). Also new missiles and hit effects.|
|E - Two-Shiv Poison||New missile, hit and slow effects.|
|R - Hallucinate||New cast effect, poof, timer and explosion|
There will also be a difference between Shaco's basic attack and his Q depending on whether he's going for a frontal attack, backstab or crit. Some extra particles have also been added to the Q invisibility and an execute VFX has been added to his E (under 30%). And his ultimate now has a cast effect.
- Base: Complete Overhaul
- Mad Hatter Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs
- Royal Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs
- Nutcracko: Gets the new Base VFXs, with a winter-themed recolor and some snowflakes.
- Workshop Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs, with an electric-themed recolor and some sparking effects.
- Asylum Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs
- Masked Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs, with a red and purple recolor
- Wild Card Shaco: Gets the new Base VFXs
- Dark Star Shaco: Mirrored new Base VFXs, new hit effects and some minor cleanup.
- Arcanist Shaco: Mirrored new Base VFXs, new hit effects and some mior cleanup.
- Crime City Nightmare Shaco: Minor tweaks
Leona Visual Update
Leona is the champion with the smallest VFX update in the upcoming patch. She will just have her older visuals cleaned up. Not only that, but Riot will make them look cooler as well, bringing them closer to what they looked like in 2022 season cinematic 'The Call'.
Ability VFX Update
|P - Sunlight||Small cleanup|
|Q - Shield of Daybreak||New ground effect on Stun|
|W - Eclipse||While the buff is up, added some rays of light coming from Leona and the shield shines brighter. New explosion around Leona on release.|
|E - Zenith Blade||New missile and root effects.|
|R - Solar Flare||New cast, warning AOE and impact.|
- Base: Updated and cleaned up Base.
- Valkyrie Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs.
- Defender Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs.
- Iron Solari Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, and some more flames to match her original VFXs.
- Pool Party Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, a new R decal, and some bubbles and sunflowers across her kit.
- PROJECT Leona: Small tweaks.
- Barbecue Leona: Getting the new Base VFXs, and her grill glows bright hot when her W is active.
- Solar Eclipse Leona: No changes
- Lunar Eclipse Leona: No changes
- Mecha Kingdoms Leona: No changes
- Battle Academia Leona: No changes
- Prestige Battle Academia Leona: No changes
- DWG Leona: No changes
- Debonair Leona: No changes
Pantheon Buffs in Patch 12.7
Pantheon hasn't been that satisfying to play in recent times, which is why he is receiving some buffs in Patch 12.7. They're currently being tested out on the PBE server, but this is what the buffs look like currently:
|Q - Comet Speak|
|E - Aegis Assault|
|R - Grand Starfall|
More Mythic Updates in Patch 12.7
In League of Legends Patch 12.6, the new mythic shop went live and there are some new skins, as well as old ones for those of you who had been diligently saving their gemstones throughout the years. But, that's not all, Riot is going to be updating old prestige skins as well.
Some of the older prestige skins are getting a facelift and some of those changes didn't have time to be put into League of Legends Patch 12.6, so there will be more updates to mythic content in the next League of Legends patch
Swain Update in Patch 12.7
This is not confirmed yet, but Riot was looking to make some changes to Swain in League of Legends Patch 12.6. This was pushed back though since the changes Riot looked to make didn't hit the mark. So, Riot might look to make some changes to his kit.
It could be a bit longer for the Swain changes to go live, though, depending on how extensive the rework will be for this champion. Hopefully, we won't have to wait half a year for the mini rework to hit the rift, like we had to for Rengar.
LoL Patch 12.7 Release Date
The patch is going to be released on Wednesday, April 13, 2022. Unfortunately, we don't have any information on the upcoming Void Jungler yet, nor do we know if the Void Event will go live in Patch 12.7.