It’s time to celebrate the new year in style with LoL Patch 12.02. Not only, will we be receiving new skins and a whole new event, but a brand spanking new champion will be joining the League of Legends lineup as well. That’s a whole lot of new stuff, right?
So, let’s check out some highlights of LoL Patch 12.02. If you want a detailed version of every single buff and nerf, then don’t worry we’ve already covered all of that right here as well.
Zeri Released in LoL Patch 12.02
A new ADC! It’s been almost a year-and-a-half since the release of Samira who was the latest ADC. While Samira shook up the rift with her stylish play, Zeri is going to be even more insane. She is a unique ADC that plays like no other – oh, and it seems she’s got a twin sister in another dimension somewhere.
If you’re interested in Zeri, then make sure to check out our Zeri champion guide and the video! This way, you can learn how to play her and dominate the rift with ease. For quick reference, here is a rundown of her abilities:
- Q - Burst Fire:
- Passive: Zeri's basic attack deals magic damage, scales with AP, and is treated as an ability. Moving and casting Burst Fire stores up energy in Zeri's Sparkpack. When fully charged, her next basic attack will slow and deal bonus damage.
- Active: Burst Fire shoots a burst of 7 rounds that deal physical damage to the first enemy hit. Burst Fire scales with AD and is treated like an attack, with the first round applying on-hit effects. Its cooldown matches Zeri’s basic attack timer.
- W - Ultrashock Laser: Zeri fires an electric pulse that slows and damages the first enemy hit. If the pulse hits a wall it fires a long range laser from the point of impact.
- E - Spark Surge: Zeri dashes a short distance and energizes her next 3 casts of Burst Fire, causing them to pierce through enemies. She will vault over or grind along any terrain she dashes into, depending on the angle. Hitting a champion with an attack or ability reduces Spark Surge’s cooldown.
- R - Lightning Crash: Zeri discharges a nova of electricity, damaging nearby enemies, and overcharges herself for a moderate duration. While overcharged, Zeri gains increased damage, Attack Speed, and Move Speed. Attacking enemy champions refreshes the overcharge duration and adds another stack of Move Speed. While overcharged, Burst Fire's damage concentrates into a faster triple shot that chains lightning between enemies.
So, what are you waiting for? Test out Zeri as soon as you can in LoL Patch 12.02!
Sona and Vayne Visual Updates
Vayne will be receiving a little uplift in LoL Patch 12.02. Her base skin has been completely overhauled and even though it isn’t the flashiest of VFX updates, we can definitely see a difference and improvements. A few of her skins also got updated:
- Dragonslayer Vayne: Recolored from base with added smoke and flames
- Heartseeker Vayne: Recolored from base with heart in W decal
- SKT T1: Same as new base, different missiles to match model
- Arclight Vayne: Recolored from base with more golden, divine sparks
Sona is another champion that got a facelift in this patch. She also received a mini rework in Season 11 and was just nerfed in Patch 12.01. Sona hasn’t received this much attention since Riot released her back in 2010. Her base skin got a complete overhaul and the following skins as well:
- Muse Sona: Minor details added to new base
- Pentakill Sona: Same as new base
- Silent Night Sona: Recolored from new base
- Guqin Sona: Minor details added to new base
- Arcade Sona: Complete overhaul
- DJ Sona: Complete overhaul and additional special celebration effects for each passive aura
- Sweetheart Sona: Same as new base, plus some cleanup
- Odyssey Sona: Minimal tweaks
- Pentakill III: Lost Chapter Sona: Minimal tweaks
Chemtech Drake is Nerfed
Riot might slowly be pushing the idea of removing the Chemtech Drake completely off the table, focusing on shifting her power around. A nerf is in order, which she received in LoL Patch 12.02. The soul is OP, the map is awful and players aren’t happy. So, what has Riot decided to do in this patch?
The undead's health and longevity have been nerfed. That covers the nerf part of the chemtech dragon soul. Instead of 80% base health and 50% bonus health players will now have 70% base health and 40% bonus. The zombie effect has also been shortened to 3 seconds.
Now the chemtech map has also been nerfed. Upon entering the fog, you won’t go stealth until 2.5 seconds after an offensive action. Oh, and that pesky bonus damage against enemies? Nerfed down to 10%.
Tahm Kench Update in LoL Patch 12.02
Tahm Kench was unbenched in Season 11, and he found his new home in the top lane. Well, it seems like Riot is sick and tired of the catfish and has decided to make some changes to his kit to kick off Season 12.
To appease support Tahm players, Riot has decided to make his Q slow 50% instead of the previous 40%. Not only that but his E grey health will also be improved when Tahm is near 2 enemies (dead or alive). His ultimate also grants a better shield for devoured allies.
So, will Tahm Kench be a menace in the bot lane again in Patch 12.02? I sure as hell have enjoyed not being gobbled up by him in the recent months.
ARURF Is Back
It might not be URF, but it’s the second-best option. This time around, you won’t be able to choose your champions, instead, you’ll get a random champion to wreak havoc with. Will you be getting a top-tier ARURF champion, or will you be stuck with Garen?
If you’re curious about all the upcoming ARURF stats, make sure to check out our ARURF rundown, so you’re up-to-date with this game mode in 2022.
Skins Released in LoL Patch 12.02
There are quite a few skins we’ll be receiving in LoL Patch 12.02. Not only is Zeri going to be getting her debut skin – and truthfully it looks epic – but a bunch of our favorites are also receiving skins.
To celebrate the Chinese New Year – the year of the Tiger – Riot has released Firecracker skins, as well as Porcelain skins. So, no matter if you want to just blow up giant fireworks or have a sleek look, there is something for everyone here.
Which Champions Will Receive Lunar Revel and Porcelain Skins?
There are five champions receiving Firecracker skins in LoL Patch 12.02:
- Firecracker Sett
- Firecracker Teemo
- Firecracker Xin Zhao
- Firecracker Diana
- Firecracker Tristana
Another five skins are in the works, these part of a whole new skin line called porcelain skins. These are also part of the lunar revel event which will take over League of Legends in Patch 12.02:
- Porcelain Amumu
- Porcelain Ezreal
- Porcelain Kindred
- Porcelain Lissandra
- Porcelain Lux
- Porcelain Lux Prestige Edition
Which Other Champions Will Get Skins in LoL Patch 12.02?
Two more skins are added in the patch. One is a prestige skin for an already existing skin, as well as the debut skin of Zeri. Zeri will be donning a Withered Rose skin, while Xayah’s Brave Phoenix skin is receiving a prestige edition.
That’s it for the LoL Patch 12.02 rundown. This is a pretty big and extensive patch. There are so many new things and changes that it feels like you might be reading an encyclopedia, but just remember that this will also make your climb to Gold I easier!